Photos of inside your Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVD001

Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I wanted to organize the inside of my van. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if you guys could send some photos of what works for you. I have a Ford E-250 extended van with metal shelves straight from the dealer. Thanks.

480sparky

DSC04012A.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

Kdog76

I see 480sparky does the "loop de loop" method of coiling up extension cords. I was taught that one years back & never quite thought it was worth it.
Other then that, the shelves seem nicely set up :).

wireguru

I see 480sparky does the "loop de loop" method of coiling up extension cords. I was taught that one years back & never quite thought it was worth it.
Other then that, the shelves seem nicely set up :).

its not worth it.....once twisted and coiled a cord will never lay flat again. Coil them in a circle using the over/under method employed by the stage hand guys and your cord will never be twisted and will always lay flat.

realolman

its not worth it.....once twisted and coiled a cord will never lay flat again. Coil them in a circle using the over/under method employed by the stage hand guys and your cord will never be twisted and will always lay flat.

How bout splainin that . I don't know what you mean.:confused:

cirving

I don?t post here too often, but here are a couple of pics of my van interior. I keep my MC cable and flex stuffed inside one of the bins, the THHN under the pipe rack on the right side and romex in a slotted bin that I built to help keep it organized. Heavy stuff down low, lighter stuff up high.
I keep two trash cans in back and one in front, if I don't I just end up trashing the van:mad:

sprinter2.jpg

sprinter1.jpg

480sparky

I see 480sparky does the "loop de loop" method of coiling up extension cords. I was taught that one years back & never quite thought it was worth it..........

It pays off when you go to unroll them. They can't get twisted and knotted up like they usually do when you coil them.

Never a problem for me.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Now that I have a little extra time on my hands I wanted to organize the inside of my van.
I realize you have factory built shelves. . . but maybe my home made shelves will have a notion or two.

WorkTruckSide.jpg

WorkTruckRear.jpg

480sparky

I realize you have factory built shelves. . . but maybe my home made shelves will have a notion or two.

WorkTruckRear.jpg

I can't stand raised floors in a full-size van. It totally prevents you from actually getting up inside and getting something. Yea, it's handy as all git-out for the pipe, ladder, and the 3 drawers on the side. But it makes the rest of the van pert'near inaccessible.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Other than what's in grabbing reach. How do you find anything?:grin:
One of the benefits of being a one person shop is that it's always where I put it.

The drivers side shelves are all twelve inches deep with cardboard parts boxes that are 2", 4", 6" 8", 10" or 12" wide. I mix and match as needed to get the fit I like with the quantity of various parts. After the initial settling in, I found I didn't change things until the TR & WR thing came along. Occasionally I would replace a torn up box, but rarely.

The passenger side is also shelves that are all the same depth (that means the top shelf is cantilevered over the lower shelves) and deep enough for the old milk crates that I have PVC and Steel boxes in, along with boxes of cover plates.

Spool wire and romex are all up right behind the seats, against a bulkhead. All the boxed fasteners are shelved above the wire, between the custom built-in speakers. I fished in the wires for them, as well as the security system door switches and glass break sensors while I was putting in the cabinetry.

I tried to keep the heavy stuff low, and to the extent that I could, forward between the wheels.

As for reaching things, Ken, I've seen you move. . . I know you could get in there. After all, I can, and I think I beat you on several characteristics that might be thought of as making it hard to squeeze in there.

When I look at the "sparseness" of things in a van like yours, Ken, I have to wonder how often you have to do hardware runs on job calls. :)

I've been working out of this van since I drove it off the dealer's lot in Oct. of '82. It's got rust, but it's still not worn out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.