Photos of inside your Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
I have had my current truck for just a bit more than 2 years and it has 63,000 miles on it.
Ya know, I hear that (and at ~31.5K miles per year you are lower than some who have posted mileages here) and I marvel at the windshield time that implies.

I think, hmmm, five working days, say 12 one way trips per five days, 50 working weeks, . . . that works out to ~52 miles a trip.

I must have some errors in my assumptions.

iwire

Staff member
Ya know, I hear that (and at ~31.5K miles per year you are lower than some who have posted mileages here) and I marvel at the windshield time that implies.

I think, hmmm, five working days, say 12 one way trips per five days, 50 working weeks, . . . that works out to ~52 miles a trip.

I must have some errors in my assumptions.

Wed night my round trip to one job was 214 miles.

Its 20 miles from home to the office, our normal service area is all of CT, all of RI, about 1/2 of MA and sometimes into NH and ME.

It is not unusual for us to send people to Maryland, Virgina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.

480sparky

...........As for reaching things, Ken, I've seen you move. . . I know you could get in there. After all, I can, and I think I beat you on several characteristics that might be thought of as making it hard to squeeze in there.

When I look at the "sparseness" of things in a van like yours, Ken, I have to wonder how often you have to do hardware runs on job calls. :)

I've been working out of this van since I drove it off the dealer's lot in Oct. of '82. It's got rust, but it's still not worn out yet.

You've seen me move, all right. Just keep in mind there was food involved at the time! :grin:

Yes, I could get in there, but I would dread it.

As for the 'sparseness' of mine, keep in mind I took those pix right after I bought it. It's just as packed as yours now. I don't need to do a hardware-store run just for some 6-32s.

Mine's a 92, and just as rusty as yours, if not more. But she fires up, purrs like a kitten, and gets me where I need to go.

iwire

Staff member
Looks like this much of the time.:roll:

DSCI0313.jpg

DSCI0315.jpg

DSCI0316.jpg

Mr.Sparkle

Looks like this much of the time.:roll:

DSCI0313.jpg

DSCI0315.jpg

DSCI0316.jpg

Bob,

Do me a solid and take off your driver side door armrest and mail it to me?

I'll send it right back to you insured for $100 but when it shows up cracked and wont stay attached to your door any longer you are gonna have to file a damage claim, OK?

Oh, and can you take a picture of the Flux Capacitor for me?

nhfire77

It also looks like you work for ADT. :grin:

LOL. That burns! I don't feel as bad about the abomination that is the back of my van, but its still too shameful to post right now. I looked at your map there bob, looks like my normal Wednesday, only its East-West. They sent you to Exeter, no one was closer?

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Geez, I can't see anything inside that van! :grin:
That's funny - I can't see anything else! ;)

Seriously (Hey, it could happen! :)), those Mopar minivans were fairly comfortable and surprisingly sturdy.

We have a Pontiac Montana now that is a great van. Comfortable, excellent on the highway, and fun in town.

nhfire77

About two months ago this was one of my days.

Actually another guy was coming down from Scarborough ME as I was heading up, but he had already done a long shift and Exeter was a night job.

Are you relighting the market baskets around here? I see that is a overnight job in all their store. I shop in several thats how I know they are doing them over.

BTW, now I have something to compare to, I thought my 250+ mile days were crazy, now what you do, thats crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.