Combination meter and load center

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky 134

The HOA in a subdivision is installing aerators in a lake and I need to install a 100amp underground service to provide power. The lake will have three aerators and I need three circuits. Does any manufacturer make a combination meter socket/load center for such an application ?

wireguru

do you have something to attach a standard combo to? Another option which might work better for the application is a milbank pedestal.

ceb58

The HOA in a subdivision is installing aerators in a lake and I need to install a 100amp underground service to provide power. The lake will have three aerators and I need three circuits. Does any manufacturer make a combination meter socket/load center for such an application ?

The 200 amp combo is about the same price. Most have 8 spaces which you will probably need 6 spaces. 3- 240v circ. You can put it on a H- frame made from 2 treated 4x4's and 2- treated 2x4's.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I like wireguru's idea. Because it's for a common area of the HOA your POCO might require a commercial set up. Last time I bought a commercial 200amp meter/load center, it was $750 and that was 15 plus years ago.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Do you need a meter with a terminal bypass? If so, we usually go with a seperate meter and panel if that's the case.

Otherwise I'd just mount a metermain on a 6x6 PT post. I'm not very fond of painted metal pedestals sunk in the ground to rust away eventually.

wireguru

Do you need a meter with a terminal bypass? If so, we usually go with a seperate meter and panel if that's the case.

Otherwise I'd just mount a metermain on a 6x6 PT post. I'm not very fond of painted metal pedestals sunk in the ground to rust away eventually.

the pedestals I was suggesting bolt down to a concrete pad. (at least thats what I meant, I guess milbank makes some that go into the ground...

sparky 134

Milbank does make an underground meter socket/panel combo but it only has provisions for four breakers. I need six (3-2pole breakers).

Milbank does make another combo that will work but it's not an underground style. I would need to mount the meter/panel to a post and then I will have 4 - 1.25" conduits entering the bottom of the panel. One 1.25" will be for power and the other three are sleeves for the aerator power cables.

wireguru

Milbank does make an underground meter socket/panel combo but it only has provisions for four breakers. I need six (3-2pole breakers).

Milbank does make another combo that will work but it's not an underground style. I would need to mount the meter/panel to a post and then I will have 4 - 1.25" conduits entering the bottom of the panel. One 1.25" will be for power and the other three are sleeves for the aerator power cables.

are you looking at the RV pedestals or something? Look at the commercial pedestals here http://www.milbankmfg.com/products/catalogs/CatalogFiles/PDF/CMP.pdf I saw them with 16 and 24 breaker spaces (and less if you want)

sparky 134

norcal

The meter main combo's here in CA are the norm for residential, 100A units are suitable for UG/OH use & will have plenty of spaces for the OP's needs, Siemens, C-H, SQ D, & GE all manufacture them.

sparky 134

The hard part is finding a unit that is CECHA approved (Com Ed Chicago Housing Authority).

I have a different supply house looking into the Cutler Hammer equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.