Romex

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogregc44

Could anyone tell me what is the proper distance for a staple from your nail up box and give me the NEC code

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Welcome to the forum! :)

I won't answer the question, but I will tell you to look in Art. 334.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I love these threads. Guy is gonna have 5 times more questions when he gets done with the homework you just gave him.

rwreuter

Romex should only be used to tie ladders on a truck. It is far from being a safe method. Rodents can and will eat the insulation off.

if those rodents can get within X" of my single gang box they can have at it.

they make LARGE staples that will fit nicely around 1/2 emt:D

Last edited:

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
Romex should only be used to tie ladders on a truck. It is far from being a safe method. Rodents can and will eat the insulation off.

Have seen with my own eyes. As an impressionable youth. They ruined all the wiring in my parents' extension in AZ.

Have not liked it ever since.

M. D.

I've used this type , though the ones I used were rounded and of a higher quality ,.. it was a post and beam shop , kinda rustic,. they seemed to fit the place
6946180.jpg

glene77is

Jim,

And I get paid to fix the cable!
Then I stuff wire-window-screen into the eaves
to retard the little animals.

Speaking of which, I have squirrels in my attic,
and they are bounded by wire-window-screen.
I plan to leave then in their corner
until warm Spring weather.

Jim W in Tampa

Jim,

And I get paid to fix the cable!
Then I stuff wire-window-screen into the eaves
to retard the little animals.

Speaking of which, I have squirrels in my attic,
and they are bounded by wire-window-screen.
I plan to leave then in their corner
until warm Spring weather.

You get to fix it assuming its found before the fire.
I just retrieved my x mas lights out of shed attic and found a few sets that i guess tasted good. Now that is easy fix ,just toss in trash. Also found a cord that feeds an outside yard light mounted on huge oak tree that is home to many squarels that got ate . No big deal but was a shock hazard. My concern is that romex inside of walls probably is just as likely to be chewed on but can not be seen. Just how safe is romex knowing this can happen ? We seem more concerned about commercial buildings than we do about houses that have people sleeping in them. I understand the cost factor but we are putting lives at risk.
If i were to build a new house knowing what i know now it would be in MC or EMT. And not all that sure that they might not eat the MC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.