Upside down receptacles/ground up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbelectric777

How is everyone ????? Better yet howz everyones bank account with Christmas !!!!!!!!! My wifes out now again for the 5th time....... How about some opinions about duplex receps when they install them upside down with the ground up. When I was an apprentice I was taught to put them in that way, I stopped decades ago. My point now is if a cord cap with a 90 degree connection now loops up and puts much added strain on the cord cap. The reason I was told to do it that way was "if a child took a butter knife" it would be stopped by the ground. Now take notice to every cord and plug connected peice of equipment, they are made for the ungrounded side to go in the right side. Its still not in the code book but Im writing in for the 2015 because I think deadlines are in for the 2012 edition. I have not been failing jobs for it because its rare in my township (most contractors know i dont like it) but i could enforce it via the manufacturers instructions....... yes, no, maybe? gimme yer thoughts on this... Now with tamper proof and AFCI rules I dont think we need to worry about the butter knife scenario any more.....:D

ps: im looking for a cheap plc with the software program and whatever i need to plug it into my usb port on my pc. used is fine and i'll make my own power supply with bb... something with 10 inputs and 10 outputs and the same amount of internal relays, counters, timers i dont need special function/s but the special bits would be nice (1.0s .05s etc etc) if any one has anything like that layin around i'll buy it from ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.