Volunteering my Electrical services

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

I will be doing a service upgrade at the home of a military person stationed in Iraq. My company will supply all the labor, material and electrical permit to do a 200 amp service upgrade. My wholesale supplier will donate a few items for the project. Just doing my part to help.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Big-Thumbs-Up.png

AV ELECTRIC

Maybe we all should do something like that . It doesn't have to be on that scale or just military there many seniors out there people out of work single moms maybe change out a light , receptical , switch free troubleshot . if everyone did one thing for the holidays we can defiantly improve things for others and ourselves.

zappy

warm & fuzzy feeling

warm & fuzzy feeling

Awesome! This makes me want to help someone less fortunate.

bigjohn67

Military

Military

We just completed a house, all trades, for a military family who lost everything due to a fire.
The husband is in Iraq.
All free of Charge!

All the local media wanted to do a story, all refused to be interviewed.
The only thanks we needed was a smile. The family kept thanking us. We appricated it but the real thanks was to them doing what they do.

19 contractors, 240 workers, all in 3 weeks.

The family is sleeping well tonight.

I donated a 200 amp upgrade to a family whos son was paralized in a car accident. The thanks and appreciation I got was more satifiying than any check I have ever received. That feeling is addicting, but the mortage company does not feel as generous as us.

bikeindy

I will be doing a service upgrade at the home of a military person stationed in Iraq. My company will supply all the labor, material and electrical permit to do a 200 amp service upgrade. My wholesale supplier will donate a few items for the project. Just doing my part to help.

I wonder why we never hear about helping military personnel stationed here in the states or in japan or Korea. They all make lousy pay (enlisted I mean) and deal with stresses that civilians never have to think about.

hardworkingstiff

We just completed a house, all trades, for a military family who lost everything due to a fire.
The husband is in Iraq.
All free of Charge!

The only thanks we needed was a smile. The family kept thanking us. We appricated it but the real thanks was to them doing what they do.

Makes me tear up. God bless all of you.

fondini

The husband is in Iraq.
All free of Charge!

Wow! we could use more of this nowadays! If we ever cross paths, beers on me!

Riograndeelectric

Thank you for making a difference for someone during this bad times. Happy Holidays to you and your family

How nice of you to volunteer your time do help out a Military family. thank you for making a difference for someone in need.

hats off to all our men and women in the armed forces.

Riograndeelectric

I do a lot of Volunteer work for the local Habitat for Humanity. a bunch of Electricians and apprentices we all get together and volunteer our time to wire all of the house at no cost. Habit pays for the materials and labor is free.

we have figured that we save Habitat around $100,000.00 per year by having an all volunteer electrical crew

I have meet some really nice people at Habitat.

kbsparky

WE have donated gobs of stuff to the Habitat "Re-Store" -- sort of a recycling center for building materials. Cleaned out the shop, took a bunch of NOS items down there, and they sell the stuff for whatever they can get. You get a tax write-off for your costs as well.
:)

Riograndeelectric

I am in the process of of a lighting rehab for both of the Denver restores.
Excel energy is giving customers rebates to replace there old energy efficient lights with new Led, T8 or CFL. this is a great program both of the store will save about $2000.00 annually on there electric bill and Excel will reimburse the customer up to 60% of the total invoices for fixtures.

I have donated lots of stuff also to the Re Stores.
I have received several jobs that were refereed to be by Habitat Staff.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
icon14.gif

Makes me think that the last house I wired for a loss should have been for a good cause. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.