What do you use for Lighting Calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitEE

Same here.

I'm hoping something a bit more developed will be built into Revit MEP by the time we switch over.

Revit MEP currently won't do point-by-point calculations, it'll basically just give you a single "average" value for each space. I don't anticipate this changing in the near future (although I hope I'm wrong.) I'm currently using Revit MEP 2010 and it's no different than the previous releases in terms of lighting calculations.

ptrip

Same here.

I'm hoping something a bit more developed will be built into Revit MEP by the time we switch over.

Revit MEP currently won't do point-by-point calculations, it'll basically just give you a single "average" value for each space. I don't anticipate this changing in the near future (although I hope I'm wrong.) I'm currently using Revit MEP 2010 and it's no different than the previous releases in terms of lighting calculations.

I was hoping the same and was disappointed. What's the point of "average" value? :roll:

One distinct benefit of Revit is that it will count all your fixtures for your energy calculations!

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician
Agi 32

Agi 32

AGI 32 by Lighting Analysts, Inc. is an awesome package that not only gives the basic footcandle layouts, but also does true rendering.
I know that there are lots of free manufacturer-driven packages, so it could be tough to rationalize the cost (~$1,300) but it's truly an impressive package.
John M

shamsdebout

AGI 32 by Lighting Analysts, Inc. is an awesome package that not only gives the basic footcandle layouts, but also does true rendering.
I know that there are lots of free manufacturer-driven packages, so it could be tough to rationalize the cost (~$1,300) but it's truly an impressive package.
John M

Thanks for the info, yeah I can see what it is so pricey. Is it user friendly, maybe I can convince my firm to get it. :D

Keri_WW

I started off with Visual but have been using AGI for the past 4 years. Easy to use once you get past the learning curve.

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician
Thanks for the info, yeah I can see what it is so pricey. Is it user friendly, maybe I can convince my firm to get it. :D

It might take a while to use it to its fullest capability, but it's very starightforward if you're just doing footcandle layouts.
I had to provide layouts for a Postal facility and tried doing it with manufacturers. After having lots of trouble getting what I needed, I bought the AGI package and knocked it out in a couple days.
John M

VUGear

Haven't tried AGI yet, as it's not within our budget to get. Have been using Visual since 2002 and like it, although I miss being able to do simple renderings like I was able to with LitePro prior to that. Otherwise, Visual seems more intuitive than LitePro.

Status
Not open for further replies.