• My license required testing but no CEUs for renewal

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • My license has no testing or CEU requirement

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

I am curious as to whether maintaining your license requires getting CEUs through education. How many of your regulatory bodies require CEUs?

Also, how many CEUs per year are required if they have a program?

RICK NAPIER

NJ has a 3 year license period with 34 hours of ceu's are required. 9 on code changes, 1 on business law and the remaining 24 on any state approved course.

iwire

Staff member
CT 7 Hours class time each year

RI 15 hrs class time each code cycle

MA 15 hrs class time + 6 hrs 'other' each code cycle

sii

NE has a two year renewal period with twelve CE hours required to renew. Six of the twelve hours must pertain to the NEC.

GUNNING

Florida has 14 required CEU's every 2 years. 7 technical, 1 work place safety, 1 workers comp, 1 business practice 1 advance module (which is an obsolete edition of the Florida building code but still required) and 3 general education. Here in Florida we are not under the contractors board but the professional board which regulates hair dressers and engineers.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My Electrical Administrator license requires 24 hours of continuing education every 3 years. 8 hours must be on NEC updates, and 4 hours must be on RCW/WAC (state wide codes) updates. All of it can be via the Internet.

The only Professional Engineering license that I keep active (Washington State) does not require CEUs (yet). Others have

raider1

Staff member
Utah requires 16 hours of CEU's every 2 years to renew a journeyman's or masters license.

Also, all contractors are required to have 6 hours of CEU's every 2 years for renewal.

As for a combination inspectors license, you are required to have 24 hours of CEU's every 2 years to maintain your certifications.

Chris

When I got my License, there was very small print on the back side of the card. It took a while, but I was able to print it out.
Here is what it said:
" The holder of this license is responsible to join as many electrical forums as he can. He must spend no less than 1000 hrs per year responding to other forum member posts, or starting posts of his own. It is imperative that the holder harass and 'stir the post' as often as is possible, yet not be thrown out of the forum."

I believe I have tried my utmost to adhere to this, as I am still here, still have my license, but almost did not make it this far without being canned. :cool:;):D

marti smith

And Pierre, you have complied! Somedays it's like a bad dream of a coffee break gone bad. Other days I don't know how long it would take to obtain the info I'm seeking and am thoroughly thankful when the answers are here. Back on track, NM requires 8 hours code change and 8 hours of any other pertaining class: theory, motor controls, etc. This is for every 3 yr cycle.

In Oregon, we renew JM license every 3 years. Need 24 hours over that time. 8 hours devoted to code change. I did all my hours online at the last minute. Searched an online copy of NEC, it was ez.

e57

Define 'license'.....

My "license" to contract does not require CEUs or any additional testing other than the initial test.

My "certification" to work for other contractors does require 32 CEU's - kind of... But you can blow it off and pay less by re-testing according to fool #1.5 at the DAS who runs the fiasco law requiring electricians to be 'educated' and tested, and in direct contradiction to the intent and letter of the law...

Status
Not open for further replies.