laundry outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
article 210-8 says that an outlet within of 6ft. of a sink has to have GFCI protection. My question is that I have a washer outlet within 6 ft. of a mop sink. Article 210.52 for required outlet for laundry oulets does not refer to Article 210-8. How do you handle this situation. Thanks ahead of time for your comments

raider1

Staff member
What year code are you working under?

The reason I ask is that you are using a - between 210-8 which was used prior to the 2002 NEC.

Also is this mop sink in a dwelling unit?

Chris

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
article 210-8 says that an outlet within of 6ft. of a sink has to have GFCI protection. My question is that I have a washer outlet within 6 ft. of a mop sink. Article 210.52 for required outlet for laundry oulets does not refer to Article 210-8. How do you handle this situation. Thanks ahead of time for your comments
210.52 does not have to refer to 210.8. 210.8 stands alone while 210.52 talks of required outlets not GFCI protection

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
YES, But in Article 210-52 when it talks about kitchen receptacles or outdoor outlet both refer back to GFCI Protection but not when talking about the Laundry
If the rule is stated in one section then another section does not necessarily have to refer back to it. It would be nice as a reminder but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.