Panel Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
(Sorry, not a software answer--) I like those peel and stick labels that come with newer panels, or you can buy them at a stationery store. You put them right next to the breaker, and IMO it's easier for the HO or the sparky coming after you to see what's what, compared to the directory inside the panel cover. Just label them with pen or sharpie, takes less than 5 min. --I know there are some which say typewritten looks more professional, but honestly I think these are easier to read and associate with the breaker. And you can get printer paper in this format and type them if you must.

Last edited:

480sparky

I use that also-- very useful, but you still have to type, and the OP was trying to avoid typing (?):roll:

One thing about Excel... if you type something in, after that it will prompt you with that entry if another entry is similar.

For instance, if circuit #1 is labeled "Kitchen C'top Receps", then the next time you start typing, the entire entry is offered as a prompt.

So if circuit #17 is the other SABC, you simply start typing "K,i,t," and then press enter.

You could also enter various labels in other cells on the sheet, and then simply copy and paste them.
I have plans to eventually expand that file to include drop-down menus you can choose from.

peter

I like to include a small [or large] diagram. Show all the rooms, etc. This way, there is no confusion about " sw crnr of Katie's bdr. and nw crnr of Phils".
Everything is laid out and you can do this with any CAD program or even a sketch.
~Peter

480sparky

I like to include a small [or large] diagram. Show all the rooms, etc. This way, there is no confusion about " sw crnr of Katie's bdr. and nw crnr of Phils".
Everything is laid out and you can do this with any CAD program or even a sketch.
~Peter

"Kate" and "Phil" labels would be a violation.

Howard Burger

I worked for one outfit that put schedules in clear plastic sleeves. Can't find a source for them here, and the one time I asked at the parts store hadn't a clue. And I tried the bigger office supply stores here, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

480sparky

I worked for one outfit that put schedules in clear plastic sleeves. Can't find a source for them here, and the one time I asked at the parts store hadn't a clue. And I tried the bigger office supply stores here, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Office Depot
Office Max
KMart
WalMart
Target
Walgreens
Sears
Dollar General
Dollar Tree
Everything $1.29
Family Dollar
Osco
Apu's convenience store

paul

"Kate" and "Phil" labels would be a violation.

Reminds me of a service call years ago. I ask where Bill's office was, because that's what the schedule said. Some elderly lady they finally found told me he retired 15 years ago. But she did remember where his office was.

The other one I like is NEW OFFICE. Ummm....okay in 1975, yes it was new. :confused:

Last edited:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
480Sparks,
How do you do that with EXCEL to get those drop down menus
A feature called Data Validation. In Excel's Help, type in "drop-down" as the search term and press Enter. The top hit should be "Create a drop-down list from a range of cells", and will provide a detailed explanation.

480sparky

480Sparks,
How do you do that with EXCEL to get those drop down menus

First, you need to create a range of cells that has the data you want to use in the drop-down list. If you scroll down on that sheet, you'll see them all in cells B76-134.

Then, highlight the cell you want the dropdown to be in. Choose Data, then Validation.....

Under "Allow", choose List. Under "Source", enter the cell range of the list you have created.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
A feature called Data Validation. In Excel's Help, type in "drop-down" as the search term and press Enter. The top hit should be "Create a drop-down list from a range of cells", and will provide a detailed explanation.

I would just like to say thanks for this great timesaver. I am in the process of adding this feature now to my blank directory forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.