On my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclary's electrical

That would depend on where your from. Why does a GC hold money for 60 days? Around here when architectural review is necessary you can still get your money in 30. Of course you can find some that will hold your money longer for no better reason that I know of than they want to and people appear to not mind that fact. I'm not for that.

Most gc's will pay inside of that time.
I was speaking of big companies and factories. You'll do work, turn in an invoice, if you missed this ONE TIME A MONTH that they fill out bills, they get you next go round, so the process with big companies often through several steps, and you get a check in around 60-90days

hardworkingstiff

I was speaking of big companies and factories. You'll do work, turn in an invoice, if you missed this ONE TIME A MONTH that they fill out bills, they get you next go round, so the process with big companies often through several steps, and you get a check in around 60-90days

And your invoice should reflect your financing that money for that time since you know going in it will take that long to be paid.

Len

vehicle

vehicle

years ago I traded in all vans. We only use 14' Isuzu Trucks with multiple tool bins around.
Pleanty of room and no need to crawl around inside. Just walk in

dduffee260

GC's mean volume, volume means money. Don't let people fool you. If you want to make real money then get with reputable GC's. The larger GC's have no interest in cheating you out of any money. They do not have the time to play games with small change. They make money off volume. If you cover your bases and play by the rules you should be ok. All large GC's will have about a 9 page contract for you to sign. This protects both you and them. GC's usually paid when they get paid. Seems like it is between 40 and 70 days. Most of the time it is the owner or architect dragging the payment.

The only time we have ever been burned was by a smaller GC. They are the ones you have to watch out for. To me a smaller GC is one that moves under about 100 million a year.

I'll tell you what. If you refuse to work for any larger GC in my area. Send em my way. I will work for 98% of them in a heartbeat.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
A month is not enough tim to show the true cost of doing business legally. How many licenses? Insurance? workmans comp?

Write back 2 years and tell us the real story

5 years

Otherwise I agree with everything everyone said, even the ones that didn't agree with each other.

Also there is no reason for the OP to fail, just do whatever it takes to suceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.