Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

In residential applications what have you guys found to be the most profitable material to use for feeding the min panel or meter of a house in an underground install? Over head?

scwirenut

my answer for the most profitable is the POCO. they do it for free. I have never paid for a residential service lateral or drop. however if I had to, I would use urd triplex 4/0-4/0-2/0

laketime

Sorry if I didn't ask the question correctly. I meant from the meter to the main panel. In our area not unusual to have the meter (underground feed) located 100' from the house. What material is most profitable for the underground feed from the meter to the house?

Around here the supply houses call it "sweetbriar" yet none of them know why.

It is funny that you mention that. I was bidding something similiar a few months ago (and this method also gets my vote) and I looked in the National Estimator to get some baseline info and I noticed that all of the Al wire had "code" names. I had never heard of such a thing. The names range from penguin to malamute to julliard and on and on. I thought it was some manner of regional thing from where the author was.

I got the job and ordered the wire. When I looked at the pick ticket it had the codename listed on it. I have no clue why this is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.