Vendor for RC Snubbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZsparky

Does anyone have a online vendor source for RC snubbers? I didn't even know what they were until I landed a contract to install several triac based digital timers to control multiple lighting contactors. These are separate contactors controlling the 120 volt site lighting at various buildings in a condo development.

An RC snubber is a Resistor in my case (100 ohm 1/2 watt) and Capacitor in my case (0.047uF 125VAC Polyester) in series across the coil to keep the timer from resetting itself (losing it's programming). Somehow the sudden load from the energizing of the contactor causes this in some or most instances. They are supposed to be available as a one piece unit, yet the manufacturer (Honeywell "Aube") who recommends this snubber, offers no place to purchase it from. My local Honeywell distributors say they can't even buy it from Honeywell as it is only available internationally. I can not find one online with the specs Honeywell is giving me. In fact, I can only find one source online at all for RC snubbers.

So, ANYBODY can you help me with this? I will not chance installing any of these digital timers without it. HELP! Please!

ohmhead

Well just make your own there lots of electronic supply companys on the net like Mouser electronics ,

I dont know what you have but a resistor and a cap and a diode will be your best bet for a triac these snubber circuits were for a voltage back feeding meaning reverse voltage of a coil back into a npn or a pnp transistor collector to emitter which would burn it out .

Ive also seen a mov across a triac or just a cap across collector to emitter.

Today many triacs come with a diode internal for just your problem

BUILT IN .

Last edited:

AZsparky

Thank you to all

Thank you to all

I want to thank everyone posting replies. These sources and ideas are just what I was hoping for. This forum is fantastic.

Grateful in AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.