Receptacle in cover pit for pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Can a receptacle for a pump be placed within an automatic cover pit for a swimming pool?

i couldn't find any exceptions, but just double checking if anyone knows something off the top of their head.

it would be there to run a small pump to keep water off the top of the cover.

every other customer has dealt with running an extension cord, but this one wants it in the pit.

my answer stays "no" unless someone knows something else.

mcclary's electrical

If it's a locking type, single rec, grounding type, GFI protected, and it is being used for water pumping equipment, it can be as close as 5' 1" frm the water.

Can a receptacle for a pump be placed within an automatic cover pit for a swimming pool?

i couldn't find any exceptions, but just double checking if anyone knows something off the top of their head.

it would be there to run a small pump to keep water off the top of the cover.

every other customer has dealt with running an extension cord, but this one wants it in the pit.

my answer stays "no" unless someone knows something else.

Not if closer than 6ft from the pool - '08, or 5ft from the pool - '05

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
for those unfamiliar with auto covers, the pit is built into the shell of the pool. so you could say the distance from the inside wall is the thickness of the shell; just a few inches. it certainly doesn't meet the 6' rule; just checking if there was an exception i missed for misc equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.