tamper proof rec

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO

I agree with Dennis for dwellings however you might look at section 517.18 (C) for Pediatric locations if you are in a health care facility to see if the areas listed would apply.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This is really electrical 101, and an inspector's knowledge is supposed to be (in my opinion) way beyond electrical 101.

My first question to you is, what code cycle are you referencing?
If you are not referencing the '08, most likely you do not follow the TR reference.

Or is it possible that this is the office of a health care facility and the inspector was curious. In either case he should at least know where to find it in the book. ;) Let's not slam inspectors Pierre. :grin:

I agree , this is 101,
08' code and it is office space in a warehouse so I don't understand why he is questioning it, that said I thought I must be overlooking something in 08' ...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I agree , this is 101,
08' code and it is office space in a warehouse so I don't understand why he is questioning it, that said I thought I must be overlooking something in 08' ...
When in doubt it is very appropriate to politely ask for a reference. "Gee, I am not familiar with that code article. Would you please tell me the art. number so I can look it up?" :grin:

electricmanscott

I agree , this is 101,

Why are you saying he is "questioning it"? :confused:

Is he asking you if it's required?

Is he asking why you installed TR receptacles?

icefalkon

When in doubt it is very appropriate to politely ask for a reference. "Gee, I am not familiar with that code article. Would you please tell me the art. number so I can look it up?" :grin:

Yup, that's exactly what I was taught to always do. Ask that in your nicest and most professional manner and see where he goes with it.

What would make him think that the receptacles would need to be tamper proof in a warehouse office?

Upon rough inspection he asked about devices and said to me that he would have ťo check if they needed to be TR and would let me know...2 weeks and no word so o guess that he reread the code...any how thanx for input

480sparky

Upon rough inspection he asked about devices and said to me that he would have ťo check if they needed to be TR and would let me know...2 weeks and no word so o guess that he reread the code...any how thanx for input

I would have just pulled out a Codebook right then and there and showed him.

480sparky

Do you keep your Code book right next to your copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" ?:grin:

No, I always have one in my truck. And if need be, I can also fire up the laptop.

If I have even the slightest indication that an inspector may 'get the wrong idea', I'll take the time to steer them in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.