Current on pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

And why would U be!

The EasyWater signal wire is wrapped around a copper, PVC or PEX pipe. Electronic frequencies (not actual electricity) pass through the pipe and cause molecular agitation in the water (Faraday’s Law).

This is not how one would treat water, For clean H2O due to additives, it is a multi-process?

ron

Brian,
Buying and trying is the most accurate, but of course also most expensive.
The installation instructions indicate how many wraps of the signal wire to go around the pipe depending on the diameter of the pipe and the amount of "hardness", so it is definitely providing some EMI to the water.

jghrist

Brian,
Buying and trying is the most accurate, but of course also most expensive.
The installation instructions indicate how many wraps of the signal wire to go around the pipe depending on the diameter of the pipe and the amount of "hardness", so it is definitely providing some EMI to the water.
You're assuming that there is actually something to the whole idea and it's not a total scam! Consider one statement from the website:
About 80% of water exists as water molecule clusters held together by hydrogen bonds.
Water molecule clusters held together by hydrogen bonds is called "ice". If your pipes are frozen, then maybe wrapping them in wire will solve your problem, but if your problem is hard water, forget about it.

LJSMITH1

This is a scam along with others like it. I have seen companies selling permanent magnets that strap onto your water main and claim the same thing. I believe this is an electromagnet-type system, and still is a scam.

Here is a web source with plenty of links to follow the information.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html

Magnetic Water Treatment (MWT) theories have been around since the 1930's. Common sense would dictate that if there was any validity to the whole thing, I am sure MWT technology would have been commonplace by now.

Here's a 1996 study by Lawrence Livermore Labs that concluded that the MWT was ineffective in reducing scale buildup and softening water.

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/purl.cover.jsp;jsessionid=940010953C2D9C2CEC8B45D147E69DED?purl=/567404-bQ4DwB/webviewable/

I would absolutely put this pseudoscience in the same category as the "powersaver" devices.:)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I laughed, then quit reading, when I saw, "Electronic frequencies (not actual electricity) pass through the pipe. . . ."

Status
Not open for further replies.