320 watt mh

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have some 320 watt mh lights wired for 208 volts in the fixture but the line voltage is 240 volts how long will they work?

domnic

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
320 mh

320 mh

I posted THIS for info for a job i looked at your reply is a joke , if you know the difference in transformer load. respond if not. go back to three way switches .this forum is people who do have a life or a dog. when you reply know some thing or go back to kissing your bosses ASS.

S'mise

I think ballast will last a long time. They are only running about 15% overvoltage. The starting circuit will fail before the ballast will. Just a guess but I'd say you would get about 80% lifespan.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I posted THIS for info for a job i looked at your reply is a joke , if you know the difference in transformer load. respond if not. go back to three way switches .this forum is people who do have a life or a dog. when you reply know some thing or go back to kissing your bosses ASS.

You're wound a little too tight. This is the type of reply that'll make folks want to respond to your thread in a positive, helpful way....:roll:

The life of the ballast can't easily be predicted. The ballast is likely to run hot, especially if it is a magnetic ballast. How that extra heat is dealt with could be very important to the life of the ballast. Now, if the internal components aren't rated for the extra voltage then it may not last more than a few minutes no matter what is done with the heat.

I wouldn't do this for a regular installation. Between the effects it could have on the bulb and the ballast it is really asking for trouble.

If these are surplus ballasts going in your home garage then go for it and see what happens. If it is a paying job install the proper parts.

There are serious professionals in this forum but also a rather jovial environment. It is a bit unusual because you may have to endure some rather silly posts to get real (usually very good) answers. Overall, you may get a good laugh or two and end up reading a page or three to get the answer. It isn't a big deal as long as your main spring isn't wound too tight. :cool:

Last edited:

norcal

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

If these are surplus ballasts going in your home garage then go for it and see what happens. If it is a paying job install the proper parts.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................)

210.6(A) prohibits lighting in excess 120 volts in a dwelling unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.