I Feel like a Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this job as an inspector. There was a renovation being performed to a house built in the 1800s.
Here are a couple of the pictures I took.

I wonder, is that a box behind a box. Let me clean my glasses..."But Pierre, you don't understand". Notice the new wiring & new 1900 box from the 'old' to the 'new'.

IMG_6501.jpg

This is what a tight budget helps produce
IMG_6526.jpg

Can you believe they wanted to keep this?
IMG_6506.jpg

480sparky

I came across this job as an inspector. There was a renovation being performed to a house built in the 1800s.
Here are a couple of the pictures I took.

I wonder, is that a box behind a box. Let me clean my glasses..."But Pierre, you don't understand". Notice the new wiring & new 1900 box from the 'old' to the 'new'.

IMG_6501.jpg

Does this so-called 'new' wiring employ that new, high-tech stealth grounding conductors?

Jim W in Tampa

There are a number of NEC violations in the pictures shown.

Would anyone care to name a few?
My thinking says you will find a lot more wrong and no telling what else is covered up. Here they will do all the remodeling they want inside and never pull a permit.
I do think your job as inspector is just a cover up for your real hobby of taking pictures

Jim W in Tampa

BUSTED! :D

Knowing that Jim, would you let me onto one of your jobs?

My jobs always look good enough for pictures. Are some remodels i would rather not have anyone see but that is not from my work just what already is there. From what i see in this picture is a cheap way to fix an old wall. Why did they not just put in a large enough box and move them wires out of the old 4 square ? Assume you red tag this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.