Whats next

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

One would be better off stealing electricity from the phone line.
Now that is a possibility. Up to the point where the phone company notices. I'm not sure what that point is, but it might be interesting to find out (but it probably violates the service agreement).

mivey

Looks to me, a simple xfmr circuit.
That's about the gyst of it. If I felt froggy I would crunch the numbers to see what you might could drain from different cables at different voltages but I'm in a lazy mode.

Maybe a Google would show where someone has already explored this. I know there is some stuff for wires run parallel to transmission lines and such. None of this would be legal unless you are paying for the source.

There is natural electric energy in the air (not just lightning) but I do not recall a paper describing the amount you might could capture. That would be the free stuff.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Now that is a possibility. Up to the point where the phone company notices. I'm not sure what that point is, but it might be interesting to find out (but it probably violates the service agreement).
I think that you would have to keep the load under 20mA so the central office does not see an off-hook condition. It appears as you are permitted to draw small amounts of power for equipment associated with the phone system based on this data sheet.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
From the sounds of it, it could be just a Current Transformer (maybe what they are referring to as "resonance"?). You are extracting energy from a CT, but they are most likely trying to capitalize on the fact that people do not, as a rule, understand that the burden of a CT represents additional load on a supply system. I have run across a lot of otherwise qualified and experienced electricians that don't understand this, so it's a safe bet that the general public would buy it if you sounded convincing enough. I mean, 350ma of "power" at 12VDC even if being extracted 24/7 would only show up as 0.1 kWh per day. I think it would be damned near impossible to notice even a weeks worth of "energy" taken off a meter at that rate.

Besoeker

Assuming that this is installed on the load side of the meter, the meter will see the current that is used. How long did they watch the meter? Meters read in KWH and this device would have a load of about 5 watts. What is the resolution of the meter....you would have to leave it on for 20 hours for the meter to read 1 KWH.
Actually, about 200 hours for 1 kWh.

Besoeker

English is not the native language (company is Thai), though I suspect that is not the entire explanation. Check out their website:

http://www.boondee.net/

They also make an electronic ant repellent (maybe the same device as saves electricity), an automatic plant watering device, and a wood lathe.

My favorite quote from website is on the "contact us" page where they give directions on visiting via metro:
This quite amused me:
Model 1000kw V 1.1 the best of power saver in the market today

richxtlc

You are still adding load to the system and placing it on the line side of the meter is theft of power.

It is theft of service to place it on the line side of the meter. You cannot get power for free, the attachment of this device consumes power, although very little by using the magnetic field of the incoming line. There was a court case in which the power company sued a home owner for theft of service when he used antennas to capture the electrostatic field of a high voltage line to power his fluorescent lights. The power company won. Anytime you measure a circuit (e.g. using a clamp-on ammeter) you use a little power and therefore influence the circuit. We use high impedance devices to measure circuits so as to minimize their influence on the readings.

This device is similar to a clamp-on ammeter with an electronic circuit to provide a DC (47.5 Hz????) output. So if you put it before the meter you are guilty of theft of service.

rattus

Does not add up:

Does not add up:

Well we keep on seeing energy saver stuff scams now this
c6b1420a.gif
FREE POWER

Its not a power factor device it takes the magnetic field around your wiring in house and makes free power from that but its only good for a low voltage output of 12 volts seems they use your ac power to make dc guess to charge batterys up or led lighting .
:roll:

This appears to be a current transformer, but for that to work, there has to be some load current which would cause the meter disc to spin, and they say that does not happen. Furthermore, the output of the CT would vary with said load. amd the presence of the CT would drop the load voltage somewhat.

Now if they are using capacitive coupling, the output voltage would be essentially constant, but it is hard to believe that they could get enough coupling from a few turns of wire to do anything useful. However if they are doing this, there would be a small extra load in parallel with the main load.

Whatever, it would not be free.

ohmhead

This appears to be a current transformer, but for that to work, there has to be some load current which would cause the meter disc to spin, and they say that does not happen. Furthermore, the output of the CT would vary with said load. amd the presence of the CT would drop the load voltage somewhat.

Now if they are using capacitive coupling, the output voltage would be essentially constant, but it is hard to believe that they could get enough coupling from a few turns of wire to do anything useful. However if they are doing this, there would be a small extra load in parallel with the main load.

Whatever, it would not be free.

Well i agree to me its a resonant tank circuit coil & cap that needs to be changed to dc kinda like the old signal diode in you old AM crystal radio before it goes into that driver circuit which kinda needs dc to operate dont you think ?
You would need to amplifiy signal to use it but you need to use power to do it ?

Which to me is a old intergrated inverter circuit could be old op amp or just a inverter chip which can pwm that input signal and then goes to the rectifier which can charge a tiny batt but not much more than that ?

Its a waste of time but i just thought you guys would enjoy the lastest invention in our electrical world you cant see it use power because its so small the eye cant see the meter rotate and its a joke .

Last edited:

mivey

Its a waste of time but i just thought you guys would enjoy the lastest invention in our electrical world you cant see it use power because its so small the eye cant see the meter rotate and its a joke .
The device may not be worth much but the levels of workmanship and safety measuresures are worth twice as much:
The plastic version:
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/8000kw.html

The wood versions:
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/30000kw.html
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/800kva.html

The top-of-the-line metal version in showcase condition (no extra charge for the smudges):
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/1500kva.html

ohmhead

The device may not be worth much but the levels of workmanship and safety measuresures are worth twice as much:
The plastic version:
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/8000kw.html

The wood versions:
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/30000kw.html
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/800kva.html

The top-of-the-line metal version in showcase condition (no extra charge for the smudges):
http://www.boondeeworkshop.com/1500kva.html

Well yes Mivey nice work the only thing i dont like is the breaker on the outside of the nice looking enclosers then again your not going to sell much if you dont put your best in the showroom window .

And the anolog meters kinda old today weres the digital leds or lcd screen ?

I wonder what kind of market this stuff has ?

Just kiddin Mivey they look good and i see a good solid product :D

Last edited:

mivey

Well yes Mivey nice work the only thing i dont like is the breaker on the outside of the nice looking enclosers...
It's all about saving the customer money.

No need to waste money on grommets for the wire penetrations either, that insulation will last a lifetime (somebody's lifetime anyway).

mivey

I like the 30,000kw version. 30 MW could power a small city. And at 400 volts, no less.
And you can build these in your dining room. The reason we don't have them here is the POCOs and government are working together to keep free electricity from coming to the U.S. Must be a lot of bribery and such going on. The same thing happened with that 100 mpg fuel injection system we all know is out there. It's a conspiracy!

Status
Not open for further replies.