NEC Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Do any of you use NEC Plus or the NEC handbook on cd?

Do you have any pros/cons on either one? I'm trying to decide which to get.

Thanks,

raider1

Staff member
I have the NEC Handbook on CD-ROM. I use this quite a bit when I teach my apprenticeship classes.

I don't subscribe to NEC-Plus so I couldn't tell you much about it.

Chris

joebell

I subscribe to NEC Plus, it has alot of info that comes with the subscription. Access to the 2008,2005 and 2002 codes the 2008 contain staff notes and ROP info, 70E documents. There are no illustrations like the handbook but there are vid clips attached from the I believe the IAEI code change video. Michael Johnston is the presenter. My biggest complaint is that it is not free to members.

I think I pay $9 a month.

Last edited:

tkb

I think I pay $9 a month.

They have to pay for the printing and the postage for all of the crap they send me.

So far this week I received a catalog and a couple of letters.
One was an invoice for something that I never ordered or received.
It all goes to the recycling pile.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I have the hand book on CD. I love it.
I will continue getting the Hand Book along with the CD for the next cycles to come.

Sharpie

Thanks guys.
I have the handbook on CD for the 2005 cycle.
I like it but before I bought again, I just wanted to make sure that I've looked at my options.

I signed up for the one-day trial of the NEC plus. It seems pretty good. I especially like how quickly it links to other pertinent info (UL white book, illustrations, staff notes...), and having access to 70E is helpful too.

I'm still not decided which way I'll go.

icefalkon

I have the hardbound handbook and the cd of the handbook. The only thing with the handbook now is that you only have 2 installations. With the 2005 Handbook, you could install it as many times as you needed.

Regardless, it's invaulabe for the information within as well as the ability to copy pictures right out of the book for presentations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.