NM in conduit outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Yes it is NM in the liquid-tight

IMG_5452.JPG

jwjrw

Tape the white wire? You dont need to worry bout that right? After all romex cant be in a wet location anyway lol!

jwjrw

I've been told thhn/thwn is inside romex so why dont they just mark it thhn so we could use it..... Just a thought.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
it is probably NM cable inside the liquid tight, and that is not allowed. Even with the jacket removed the conductors are THHN rated only,
and even though most conductors are dual rated but the conductors inside the cable assembly have been rated to be used with the jacket.

In other word No NM in a wet location with or without the outside jacket.

and also as previously suggested 200.7(C)(1)

jwjrw

I was told that by the southland wire rep. He said the insulation is basically the same. Maybe I was told wrong maybe I wasn't. Without it being legal since it isnt marked thhn it really dosent matter anyway. But since you seem to know everything what is the difference in the insulation? Maybe the rep knows less or more than you or his definition of "basically the same" is different than yours.

jwjrw

looking at 310.13 I think romex is considered type tw. Its been a while does that sound right? If so I see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.