Code cite in crawlspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

There is a section of the NEC on this installation too:
Same crawlspace as the water heater in another thread

IMG_5432.JPG

jwjrw

Romex can be stapled to bottom of stud if it isnt within 6ft of access. Anybody else?

cadpoint

Romex can be stapled to bottom of stud if it isnt within 6ft of access. Anybody else?

That depends on your Code Cycle, and your location... NC ameneded that one article, I don't know of other states that now don't drill... :grin:

They make right angle valve's, It looks Sad, Maybe more of the signage required, he could have tucked it up and flagged it better.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
So was I right in saying it can't be stapled to the bottom of the joist just like in unfinished basement?
yes. if the work is under the '08 Code and there have been no local changes.

jwjrw

Can you site the code for 6ft only attic openings? In NC we have to follow it near any opening. It dosent show up as a local code on my list.

jwjrw

330.23 is for mc cable. We have to drill out attic and crawl openings within 6ft for cables smaller than #6. Is this a nec code? I'm having trouble finding it but they make us do it. I'll have to ask for a code ref next time.

Occupation
Inspector
330.23 is for mc cable. We have to drill out attic and crawl openings within 6ft for cables smaller than #6. Is this a nec code? I'm having trouble finding it but they make us do it. I'll have to ask for a code ref next time.

I think is should be 320.23

Did you look at 334.23?

Status
Not open for further replies.