When you run out of room in a fuse box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

These wires did not grow here. Someone did this. Probably the homeowner:)

IMG_7997.JPG

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
very commonplace here with fuse panels of that vintage. usually where they added a dryer or window a/c 30-40 years ago :) (the original 240 v pullout was taken up by the stove )

ivsenroute

very commonplace here with fuse panels of that vintage. usually where they added a dryer or window a/c 30-40 years ago :) (the original 240 v pullout was taken up by the stove )

And these homeowners are still resistant to upgrade their service because it works and they have not had any problem!

M. D.

I'm kinda sick of them ,... we have all seen very similar things ,. some of us almost every day.. I'm not sure what the point is .. if it is that there are folks doing crappy work,.. nothing new there ,.. if it is to get back for all the criticism of inspectors found at this site ,.. electrical work gets ripped apart all the time .. I've seen enough pictures for the pictures sake ,.thanks.

Last edited:

jrannis

When I sold my first house back in 94 it had fuses. I didn't have a problem with them so I kept them.
It did have another fuse box next to it but it was tapped off of the bus bar on the load side of the 60amp pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.