Feeders Across Property Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

If you are asking if there is a specific NEC code section that prohibits a feeder from passing through one dwelling unit to another dwelling unit in a multi family dwelling, then the answer is no.

Chris

mbmi

This is a commercial project. The proposed location of the service disconnect/meter is on the adjoining property. The feeder will cross over the property line from the service panel to a sub-panel on another separate parcel.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Pad transformers are usually in a right-of-way, which is usually within someone's property lines, so it can be unavoidable.

mivey

Right-of-way, utility easement, neighborhood covenants and obstruction all come in to play.

I can't think of an NEC problem, but I would not want to create an obstruction on the adjoining property that interfered with normal use and enjoyment of said property.

I would not do it unless there is some understanding already in place and IN WRITING.

nhfire77

You own the airspace above your property. (to a certain point then the FAA would come into play).

I would get an easement.

mbmi

This is an underground feeder on the load side of the service disconnect. The utility lines would not fall under the NEC.

mivey

This is an underground feeder on the load side of the service disconnect. The utility lines would not fall under the NEC.
The NEC does not address property rights either (that I know of). I would not do it unless there is some understanding already in place and IN WRITING.

Status
Not open for further replies.