NM cables - Romex connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelly

Trying to conform to 312.5(c) Any information as to whether "romex connectors", are Listed for more than 1 cable? I understand there are many manufacturers of connectors, I remember we used to be allowed to use a
1/2" connector for two, 12-2 NM's. Any White Books out there?

raider1

Staff member
Here is a quote from the UL White Book dealing with Nonmetallic Sheathed Cable Connectors.

Except for duplex connectors or when otherwise marked on the carton to
indicate connecting of more than one cable or cord, the connectors covered
under this category have been investigated for connecting one cable or cord
only.

So if the connector is not a duplex connector or marked on the carton that it is suitable for more than on cable or cord it is only investigated for 1 cable.

Chris

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I once had an inspector tell me the pop-ins were not rated for the three NM's I put in them, only two, and felt bad that I had to change them because my work was so neat.

I called the company, and they said they were only one cable per, so I went back and changed my panel to two cables per like he said, and we all lived happily ever after.

mivey

I once had an inspector tell me the pop-ins were not rated for the three NM's I put in them, only two, and felt bad that I had to change them because my work was so neat.

I called the company, and they said they were only one cable per, so I went back and changed my panel to two cables per like he said, and we all lived happily ever after.
You.....you.....you.....VIOLATOR. :grin:

nakulak

that's cause they are good for one standard cable, plus one bonus cable.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

We have 2 styles here. One that is black and I was told that would take 2 NM's- didn't check myself as I don't use them much and the yellow ones that were only rated for one cable.

ty

My Arlinton rep was at my supply house a few weeks ago. Got a bag of new 'stuff'.
Some we already use, or will use. Some we will never use.

Larry, I'm 2 hours away, you can stay at my place :)
Or at least stop by, grab that quadplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.