size of wire on bonding bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethas

Removed and replaced a service today. An all in one unit. The knock-outs for the riser were concentric. So I installed a bonding bushing. The service is 200A, so I used #4 copper to bond the riser. Then I started thinking, what size does the code call for? I can't seem to find it. I would assume #4. Am I correct. Where does it specify the size of the bonding wire in the code? I'll look after dinner!

sethas

That is what I sized it off of, without thinking I guess! Maybe I'm over/under-thinking this. I was looking for some specific language having to do with the bonding jumper.

Looking through the definitions page...would I be correct in assuming that a bonding jumper is a grounding electrode conductor then??

It seems to me that it would be.

SEO

The main bonding jumper is the connection between the grounded circuit conductor and the equipment grounding conductor at the service. The grounding electrode conductor is used to connect the system grounded conductor to a grounding electrode.

Last edited:

sethas

I started to write a big reply, but then noticed this under the definition of EGC:

FPN 1. it is recognized that the equipment grounding conductor also performs bonding.

I think this is the language I was looking for. Thanks for your help SEO.

raider1

Staff member
Take a look at 250.102(C) and (D) for the requirements for equipment bonding jumpers on the line side and the load side of the service disconnecting means respectively.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.