separate buildings or structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

What all constitutes a separate building or structure which would fall under section 250.32? For an example I have a service disconnect/ distribution CB panel which feeds two subpanels about 450 feeet and 600 feet away through underground runs. Subpanel B which is a stand alone panel (mounted on boards) feeds a pavillion's lights and receptacles. Subpanel A is inside a bathroom building. There is also a lift station fed from Subpanel A about 50 feet from the bathroom building. Would all these, including the lift station, be considered separtate buildings and structuresand require a ground rod (or electrode) at each specific location?

Electron_Sam78

yeah so every building would need a GEC/GES since a branch circuit fed building would only have lights and receptacles or something like that. I was really wondering about the individual panelboard mounted on the wooden frame out in the middle of a field to supply a pavillion

raider1

Staff member
I believe a grounding electrode is required if there is a feeder from one building to the other and not a branch circuit.

Correct, see the exception to 250.32(A).

I was really wondering about the individual panelboard mounted on the wooden frame out in the middle of a field to supply a pavillion

That would definitely be a structure supplied by a feeder and require a grounding electrode system to be installed at the panelboard.

I have had this same set up before, I installed 4 small panelboards with 4 circuits to 4 different GFCI receptacles to supply batting cages etc... in a park. I installed 2 ground rods at each panel location.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.