Generator set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

How do you guy's feel about this Install

Customer wants a 100 amp generator with ATS install and the only way to get service from the ATS at service area to the GEN is either [ 1 ] run in conduit under the crawl space an supported from the rafters under neath and then onto the GEN which is on the opposite end of the house some 90 feet away [ 2 ] the other way would be to trench 8 feet from service area to under a wooden deck that's about 4 ft 8 in off the ground run in conduit and also supported from the rafters below an then onto the Gen.

All copper conductors an either sch 40 or 80 pvc with disconnect at gen , the inside work well that's another story.

Anyone see any issues with this Install

Thanks in Advance

WinZip

Todd,

It's NG - not possible to trench due to other structures on the property an concrete decks every where.

Haven't found anything yet that says you cant do opt 1 or 2

ceb58

How do you guy's feel about this Install

Customer wants a 100 amp generator with ATS install and the only way to get service from the ATS at service area to the GEN is either [ 1 ] run in conduit under the crawl space an supported from the rafters under neath and then onto the GEN which is on the opposite end of the house some 90 feet away [ 2 ] the other way would be to trench 8 feet from service area to under a wooden deck that's about 4 ft 8 in off the ground run in conduit and also supported from the rafters below an then onto the Gen.

All copper conductors an either sch 40 or 80 pvc with disconnect at gen , the inside work well that's another story.

Anyone see any issues with this Install

Thanks in Advance

Is the ATS service rated?
In example 1 even if the ATS was service rated then you would need a disconnect where the conductors entered the building 225.32

Example 2 would be a better option. If the ATS was service rated you could enter the building right into the ATS. If the ATS is not service rated you would need to install a disco. ether outside or inside at the nearest point of entry.

WinZip

Yes the ATS is service rated , my concerns are running this service under a crawl space or under the deck,have always done this type set up under ground but no choice but 1-2

It's as if your entering new territory LOL

ceb58

Yes the ATS is service rated , my concerns are running this service under a crawl space or under the deck,have always done this type set up under ground but no choice but 1-2

It's as if your entering new territory LOL

From what you have described I think I would still go for #2. There is no telling what may be in the way for running conduit in the crawl space.

ty

Todd,

It's NG - not possible to trench due to other structures on the property an concrete decks every where.

Haven't found anything yet that says you cant do opt 1 or 2

Option 2 sounds better 'on paper'.

I asked NG or LP because I was curious if NG how will that be run? Would the NG route be the easiest electrical route as well?

WinZip

the NG line is closer to where the Gen will be so it looks like option 2 - short trench then under the deck supported to under the rafters might be the best way to go on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.