30A Dryer Circuit In Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

How to wire a 30A dryer.

Use 12/2

I don't know why you guys are wasting money on large wire with more conductors. Obviously this works.

Just love catching owners performing electrical work without a permit.

IMG_4951.JPG

480sparky

It's obvious what the HO is trying to do....

He's up to his eyeballs in debt and needs fast money. By wiring his dryer with #12, he can be pretty sure his house will burn down. In order to accelerate the process, he's included a handy-dandy lint trap right next to the intended source of ignition that is bound to make a nice hot fire.

Of course, the fire will be electrical on the fire mashal's report. And the insurance will pay off.

specgrade

I'd be more worried about the J-Trap in the vent hose. How are the clothes gonna get dry with a hose full of lent??:roll:;):D

donselectric

i'd be willing to bet it would run fine on 20a breaker....look at all the el water heaters out there that the factory uses 12's...i have yet to see one with internal 10's to tie to...tong test it just for the hell of it and see what it draws. not that i would do it but i've seen it before and never any trouble...

jwjrw

I would of at least took the time to wire tie the romex to the vent pipe.....
I wired a replacement 10kw heat today that had #10 ran to the unit from a 60a breaker mounted to it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.