Placing your sticker on a panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
I was trying to imagine how someone could do a job like that and justify it. Then good old Colonel Nathan R. Jessup came to mind. :grin:

I had to look that one up, never saw that movie.:)

I thought you where thinking Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lot of Love'.

Way down inside .........

mivey

I had to look that one up, never saw that movie.:)

I thought you where thinking Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lot of Love'.

Way down inside .........
Oh my! No wonder. I caught the TV version of A Few Good Men a while back (it was still a little risque).

For those who haven't seen it, that's where folks get that "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" stuff. Also an example of someone trying to justify something in their mind that may not make sense to others:

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

mivey

I found a site one time that had actual movie scripts. The printed script did not always match what came out at the box office.

USMC1302

Mivey:
Did you like the movie? More disturbing is the quote from Kiefer Sutherland regarding Santiago's death.

Marines, no greater friend, no worse enemy.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Threadjacking aside:

Just put your competitors stickers on jobs like that. :grin:

The HO won't know that this is hack work so they'll still call the guy back if there's a problem in the future.

This is similar to the argument over how nice you bend your pipe. To the customer it all looks like junk anyway, they won't know if it's good or bad.

But if there's a problem, they know who might know something about it because of that sticker.

mivey

Mivey:
Did you like the movie? More disturbing is the quote from Kiefer Sutherland regarding Santiago's death.
I thought it was a good suspense movie, clever lines, good acting, heroes & villains & such. Kiefer was supposed to be disturbing and he was. But the real sad part is that his character was pretend, but we have ECs & EIs who are reality-challenged as well.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

jwjrw

How come no one is giving the guy credit for getting one staple on the piece or 14 on the top right? Even hacks have feelings guys.....

I've noticed that no one has answered the question originally posed. No. Primarily because I wouldn't willingly be within a 39 and 1/2' pole of that install.

And I have neither the time nor the inclination to justify myself to someone who sleeps and rises under the blanket of electrical safety that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "Thank you" and went on your way.

Or something like that.

iwire

Staff member
The installation of an electrical system or the extension of an existing electrical system requires a permit, subsequent inspection(s) and a certificate evidencing compliance with the NEC. No way, if I were still conducting electrical inspections, would I issue a certificate of compliance. :)

I am glad we have 'Rule 3 & 4' here, what was done before me is not my problem.

Rule3-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.