Home inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronm

No, it is not self explanatory.

I read the question three times, and I kept wondering how you determined that more than one circuit was fed by a breaker, and what code prohibited it from doing so.

Then in your answer you discussed multiple conductors being terminated into a single breaker. I wasn't going in this direction at all.

JD: Try ESL.

pfalcon

I guess this will be another of theose "non issues" brought up by a lowly home inspector. And this was done by a "licensed" electrician.

Cool pics. Looks like work done by our local POCO.

Rogerator: What you care about or not does not concern me. I do not agree with you. You can change that through civil and logical argumentation or you can go fly a kite.

Rogerator: You are not qualified to test me.

Rogerator: I have been a reader of this forum for a very long time. I know as much about you as you know about me.

Rogerator: No tunnel vision on this side of the equation. And, I am perfectly capable of successfully arguing my case with the likes of you.

Rogerator: At the risk of repeating myself, I do not agree that the questions were cogent, but I answered them anyway. Where then is your beef?

Aaronm,
If you've followed my posts then you know I support using HIs to buy a home. Nor do I feel they are violating any laws or doing any professional electrical work. I'm with you on this topic.

That said, take a deep breath. Cschmid needs some practice with typing and english :grin: but is otherwise just trying to understand. Some of his text formations started to rankle me a hair before I took a breath. Then I remembered that we're typing - not speaking. It's easy to read too much feeling into a statement we disagree with.

Roger,
I'm gonna call you on this one. You should be calming when this happens. Jim Dungar and you were right when you backed Cschmid asking about #11 and #12. Jim's response was toward the question and therefore calming. You're response was toward Aaronm and triggered defensiveness.

Cschmid,
Instead of just reposting questions, can you please post a summary version of what's been learned so far? It should help to refocus. Please post both sides.

aaronm

If you've followed my posts then you know I support using HIs to buy a home. Nor do I feel they are violating any laws or doing any professional electrical work. I'm with you on this topic.

PF: Yes, I appreciate your stance.

Cschmid needs some practice with typing and english

PF: Agreed.

:grin: but is otherwise just trying to understand.

PF: But exactly what is he trying to understand???:-?

pfalcon

PF: But exactly what is he trying to understand???:-?

Exactly :grin: Which is why I've asked him to summarize both sides. I think this will go a long way to achieving clarity. I think I understand where he's going. I would just like some feedback and that includes summarizing what he thinks we said.

iwire

Staff member
I will tell you what we are going to do.

I am going to close this thread for now, all parties can take a breath settle down and maybe think about each others position.

If after a few days anyone wants to continue with this thread they can PM me and I will consider reopening this thread.

I will be honest it will take a pretty good reason for me to open this up again as we are never going to agree here.

cschmid

IMO:

- if a sheetrock guy is replacing the drywall, and he removes wall plates = Not Electrical work.

- if a sheetrock guy pulls switch or receptacle out a bit and slides extention ring over device = Not Electrical work.

- if a sheetrock guy removes the devices and replaces them all = Electrical work.

Thank You for your stand.

Cool pics. Looks like work done by our local POCO.

Aaronm,

That said, take a deep breath. Cschmid needs some practice with typing and english :grin: but is otherwise just trying to understand. Some of his text formations started to rankle me a hair before I took a breath. Then I remembered that we're typing - not speaking. It's easy to read too much feeling into a statement we disagree with.

Roger,
I'm gonna call you on this one. You should be calming when this happens. Jim Dungar and you were right when you backed Cschmid asking about #11 and #12. Jim's response was toward the question and therefore calming. You're response was toward Aaronm and triggered defensiveness.

Cschmid,
Instead of just reposting questions, can you please post a summary version of what's been learned so far? It should help to refocus. Please post both sides.

This is fair enough and I will try and I will attempt to rephrase my questions to be more objective. I am not making personal attacks here I am how ever trying to determine the type of education the HI has on visual inspections.

The last time I check in a 40 space panel and that was full of breakers you would be unable to read the information on the side of the breaker. So the only info that is available is on the face and that can be read with the cover on. Now if the HI is going through the trouble of knowing the UL white book listings and researching the panel info then the purchasor of the HI services is getting what they paid for.

I will read the entire thread and try and summerize where we are at because Not all HI educational requirements are the same.

So as the HI's here are knowledgeable so how would you propose to get standardized training requirements for your industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.