Tyco Electronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Is the Tyco Electronic "Non-Metallic Splice Kit" acceptable to be concealed in a wall or does it have to remain accessible?

PS for image look at the Instruction sheet PDF.

I dont think this one would be listed for concealed use. The application spec. says its for mobile homes, mfg. homes and rv. It also states for expose wireing methods.
They look like the connectors you find under a double wide or modular home to do the cross connect for the two halves.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........

ty

I dont think this one would be listed for concealed use. The application spec. says its for mobile homes, mfg. homes and rv. It also states for expose wireing methods.
They look like the connectors you find under a double wide or modular home to do the cross connect for the two halves.

i agree.
For mobile/modular home use.

dmagyar

I first saw these at the NECA convention in SF

I first saw these at the NECA convention in SF

I saw these connectors at the NECA convention in San Francisco a couple of years ago. I just went into a big box store (HD) and there they are on the shelves. Now Joe homeowner will be able to forego installing boxes for terminations. I don't know if these will go down in history as infamously as the "backstabbed" receptacles, but there's always hope. What a terrible idea. How would you ever find one of those burried under 12" of insulation in an attic? It's no surprise that they're being marketed to the un-educated public who could care less about what the NEC says, or the fine print on the package.

Occupation
Inspector
I can see where there might be an application for these and I wanted to see what others thought and if anyone has had an opportunity to use them.

I'm not a big fan of Backstabbing but I see where it does have a purpose.

ty

Ive wired many modular homes, and those things get buried all over the place, they work fine, just like you would expect them to, and I believe they fall under 334.40 (B)

Modular and Mobile homes are built on a construction line.
There are inspectors on the line. these splices are inspected when installed.

480sparky

TycoNM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.