How Would You Fix This Broken LB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Can you not just pull the wire out of one end and replace the lb. It looks like the LB is at the base of a 90 degree elbow. It would be hard to flush mount.

wireguru

can you get at the other side of the 90 in the building? if so, id replace it, and install a coupling and new stub up from the ground into a new LB

jwjrw

Can you not just pull the wire out of one end and replace the lb. It looks like the LB is at the base of a 90 degree elbow. It would be hard to flush mount.

And maybe hammer a piece of unistrut into the ground with a clamp for support.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Is that conduit going up into the concrete into the bottom of a panel?

I'd cut that conduit off flush with the concrete, then extend that underground conduit so it's tight to the wall. Run the pvc up against the wall and LB through into whatever it's feeding. I can't think of anything else that'd look very clean. You could cut that broken LB out and install a chunk of pvc flex in it's place possibly if there were no worries about physical damage.

nakulak

is the metal siding bonded ? I'd tear the building down and replace it. save the lb so you can reuse it.

danickstr

how about a 135 hot bend coupled on the top and a LBC against the wall (have to dig a bit) but that would flush it up.

Article 90.1

Can you drill through the concrete of the building on an angle? If so, I'd think about drilling to a point below grade and "hot bend" as as suggested, then make up the pipe under ground.

I'm voting landscaper damage as the cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.