Exterior receptacles on commercial building

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjrw

Tomato, tomato. That's what I meant, was WR.

Seeing as how I get so confused sooo easy here I need to know if Im dealing with full size tomatos, cherry tomatoes etc. :D

I dont know if the shutters in a tamper gfi add to it being a WR. I was told at parts house what I stated. But I was TOLD and dont really know...:D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I just did a quick google search, looks as though Cooper makes a Commercial Grade WR receptacle that is not TR. Their Residential Grade line appears to be WR/TR. Guess that answers that! :)

cowboyjwc

Staff member
While the code doesn't require it, I usually suggest lockable covers, when they are really accessible. The homeless love it when they can find free electricity.:)

One guy in town said his bill wasn't out of line but that it had gone up a little and he couldn't figure out why. One night he went by his building to check on something and finds this cord running off into the bushes and finds this guy watching tv and microwaving his dinner.

jwjrw

While the code doesn't require it, I usually suggest lockable covers, when they are really accessible. The homeless love it when they can find free electricity.:)

One guy in town said his bill wasn't out of line but that it had gone up a little and he couldn't figure out why. One night he went by his building to check on something and finds this cord running off into the bushes and finds this guy watching tv and microwaving his dinner.

HMMMM that was 1 mans homless camp...... wonder what a full blown homless camp would pull amp wise.... microwave,tv,radio,electric blankets......
just a thought.

hot wire

I knew arlington makes better looking one .I was just saying what ive used in the past are the big money junk ones.How much are those arlington boxes vs those plastic bubble covers. thats the bad part working for some body dont get involved in prices to much and the cost of material.More so on service work that the big jobs...

mgentile

I just did a quick google search, looks as though Cooper makes a Commercial Grade WR receptacle that is not TR. Their Residential Grade line appears to be WR/TR. Guess that answers that! :)

I assure you that Hubbell makes a much better product. haha The TR shutters actually have nothing to do with the WR portion of a wiring device. The WR is only a UV resistant face and corrosion resistant contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.