Heater/Light/ Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you wire it to the same breaker as the jacuzzi and have it inspected, don't be surprised if it fails. Few inspectors that I know accept the "they don't use them at the same time" reasoning.

guschash

I will explain this to HO. They don't want me run a new circuit. They would rather have the heater and not jacuzzi. Maybe I can put a switch, to from heater to jacuzzi. The circuit for the light/fan wouldn't be effected, so if they want the jacuzzi they can flip a switch. This would be easy to do. What do you think?

gus

electricmanscott

I will explain this to HO. They don't want me run a new circuit. They would rather have the heater and not jacuzzi. Maybe I can put a switch, to from heater to jacuzzi. The circuit for the light/fan wouldn't be effected, so if they want the jacuzzi they can flip a switch. This would be easy to do. What do you think?

gus

The day you start letting the customer dictate HOW you are going to do a job is the day you should hang up your tool belt.

You can put a vent/light directly over a shower on a gfci breaker...but NEVER a heat/vent/light. Call any of the manufactures and they will tell you the same thing..(broan,nutone,panasonic)

kwired

Electron manager
my question is why do you want a heater over a shower? can't afford hot water?

the heater is nice to stand under after exiting the shower after you come out of the hot water and maybe you get a chill then.

guschash

Thanks motorkitty and kwired good replies. I am just going to tell HO that its not a good idea. This why I like getting on the forum and talking it through with other electricians, it makes see things from other angle. Thanks again
gus

norcal

You can put a vent/light directly over a shower on a gfci breaker...but NEVER a heat/vent/light. Call any of the manufactures and they will tell you the same thing..(broan,nutone,panasonic)

Broan & NuTone share the same ownership.

travisw

Here are a couple of models that are UL Listed for tub and shower enclosures when used with GFCI circuit

MM698:Heater Light Exhaust Fan

TFV70HL-1500-BZ: 1500 Watt Bronze Finish Bath Light Heater Vent

Garbe Industries, Inc.
Tulsa, Oklahoma (800) 735-2241

guschash

Thanks travisw for the web site just what I was looking for. The heat/light/exhust fan that I looked at are all UL Listed for tub and shower enclosures when used with a GFCI circuit.

LawnGuyLandSparky

I agree but it does cost a lot more-- I think it is well worth it esp. since there is little to no maintenance on it.

I have it and I love it. That said, why is it so gosh-darned expensive? I know in warmer climates a lot of electric ceiling-heat was once common, instead of electric baseboards, what did that stuff cost?

LawnGuyLandSparky

my question is why do you want a heater over a shower? can't afford hot water?

the heater is nice to stand under after exiting the shower after you come out of the hot water and maybe you get a chill then.

For some, the chill comes soon as the shower is turned off, and I'm not allowed to exit the stall until I've completely toweled off, because the bathroom looks like I shook myself dry like a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.