Medium Voltage work

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoso

We are trying to estimate a job for a customer where we need to route a 2400VAC 3 phase feed to 5 sets of class E fuses. For cost purposes, our customer wants to do this with lugged cable vice bussing it. We do not have much experience with medium voltage work, but I am aware there may be issues with using cabling vice busbars when a fault occurs, in that the cabling must somehow be held in place. If I am right, how is this done, and who can supply the parts needed ?? Additionally, I think you need to be certified/qualified to do medium voltage work (the job is in MA). What can you guru's tell me about this ??

Thanks !!

mkgrady

We are trying to estimate a job for a customer where we need to route a 2400VAC 3 phase feed to 5 sets of class E fuses. For cost purposes, our customer wants to do this with lugged cable vice bussing it. We do not have much experience with medium voltage work, but I am aware there may be issues with using cabling vice busbars when a fault occurs, in that the cabling must somehow be held in place. If I am right, how is this done, and who can supply the parts needed ?? Additionally, I think you need to be certified/qualified to do medium voltage work (the job is in MA). What can you guru's tell me about this ??

Thanks !!

I've done a lot of medium voltage installation work (cable install & testing, SWGR, transformers) but I don't understand your question. I assume you may be talking about keeping the cable from flopping around under extreme fault conditions but you need to provide a lot more info.

You do not need to be certified, you need to have experience.

zog

I've done a lot of medium voltage installation work (cable install & testing, SWGR, transformers) but I don't understand your question. I assume you may be talking about keeping the cable from flopping around under extreme fault conditions but you need to provide a lot more info.

You do not need to be certified, you need to have experience.

Same here, do alot of it but don't understand the question. You may want to consider subbing this one out to some MV people.

Status
Not open for further replies.