mc cable straping

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
In my opinion if they are UL listed staples 110.3(B) will prevent you from using them for MC if the labeling only says NM.

However there is no requirement to use listed staples so buy unlisted ones and go nuts. :)

jwjrw

In my opinion if they are UL listed staples 110.3(B) will prevent you from using them for MC if the labeling only says NM.

However there is no requirement to use listed staples so buy unlisted ones and go nuts. :)

Not sure if our staples are ul listed for just romex Ill have to check.
I do know we do it in all the condos Ive done and not any of our inspectors called us on it....Dosent make it right.

Ken In NJ

I have used BX staples for MC for years and have only been shot down for it once ..

The inspector said BX and MC are not the same :grin:

The staple container said BX and did not say MC .. so he was actually correct .. it was not much to go back and use MC straps in place of the staples

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I have used BX staples for MC for years and have only been shot down for it once ..

The inspector said BX and MC are not the same :grin:

The staple container said BX and did not say MC .. so he was actually correct .. it was not much to go back and use MC straps in place of the staples

That's pretty ridiculous in my book. You can use a cable tie with a nail but not a BX staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.