emergen manual transfer switch and permits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsy

hey everyone is there anything special thats needs to go on permit for a emergen manual transfer switch ive been trying to get in touch with the inspector but he doesnt return phone calls and hes never in. the town is about an hour away hate to make multiple trips if i can help it thanx for any input.

iwire

Staff member
hey everyone is there anything special thats needs to go on permit for a emergen manual transfer switch ive been trying to get in touch with the inspector but he doesnt return phone calls and hes never in. the town is about an hour away hate to make multiple trips if i can help it thanx for any input.

There is no such thing as an emergency manual transfer switch.

If it is an emergency system it has to be an automatic transfer switch and if it is a manual switch it would have to be an 'optional standby system'

Cavie

If it's an automatic switch, you'll need a load calc. and the Genset must be able to carry the full load. If manual, you can use a smaller genset so the owner can select the load and overload the system himself.

ty

I would think that
technically' a permit should be pulled and/or an electrical inspection be done on the install.
That said, there is nothing to installing the unit, but you better make sure that you know which wires to hook the red and the black leads to (read the manual).

Status
Not open for further replies.