Required outlets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Foelber

Good morning
I have a project where the counter top space near the sink in the kitchen has about 3 feet on both sides where the window is to close to the splash to put an outlet. I can not find in 210 where it addresses this condition. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Dustin

iwire

Staff member
Good morning
I have a project where the counter top space near the sink in the kitchen has about 3 feet on both sides where the window is to close to the splash to put an outlet. I can not find in 210 where it addresses this condition. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Dustin

You will have to find a spot for each side.

See 210.52

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have seen outlets in the back splash.;)
This is what I have done. Another possibility would be the window sill recep.made by sillites.com. They make them TR also.

StepSCR.jpg
New-StepSide-sm.jpg

electricmanscott

You could also have the cabinet guys put in some dead fronts for you to mount the recpt in.

Bottom line is you have to get receptacles in there to comply with the NEC.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
I have seen outlets in the back splash.
0c6c018e-1.jpg

So, when the "backsplash" is a 1.5" wide window trim, and, unlike my photo, the upper cabinets are more than 20" above the counter top. . . what then . . .

;)

Edit to add: Ahh, the quickness of the Forum members. The answers are already coming.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
This is one of those time where as an inspector you really have to put your foot down and say "I don't care what the designer or homeowner wants."

shepelec

Show them a tomb stone as an alternative, they'll make provisions then:)

I actually had one guy cut the outlet into the counter top, facing up. I'm not sure how he thought that would work.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.