Equipotential Bonding Grid Removed from job

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

Spoke with an electrical Inspector today an they caught a contractor removing the bonding grid for a pool the day after an Inspection an would take it an Install on another job ,he said they have been suspicious of this for about a month so they have put a stop on his license an are requiring him to go back on 6 pools an dig under the concrete decking around the pool to actually see if there is any signs of the Equipotential Bonding Grid if not he is in deep trouble an will have to tear out deck's an start new.

man o man what people will do.

jjhoward

Occupation
Owner TJ Electric
Where is this fiasco happening?

I can't imagine exerting that much effort for how much return?? vs the risk of safety and the risk to his profession.

nyerinfl

I'd be suprised if the homeowners let the town come in and rip up there pool deck. If it was my house I would require money for the replacement before I would allow them to even think about stepping on my property. Granted this was an incredibly stupid thing to do, but there's no way if it was my house I would allow that.

WinZip

Nyerinfl,

The home owner may not have a choice in this citation an more than likely some of those pools have not had the final Inspection and might not get one either until this is all checked out.

I will update as it unfolds.

construct

Unfortunately, it happens in other trades also. On a large structural slab for a steel building in my area (about 100,000 sq ft), a 3rd party inspector discovered that after each section was inspected prior to pour, the contractor would move the steel reinforcing mat to the next section before he poured concrete on the inspected section. The slab was half way done and the Structural Engineer pulled his seal and signature off the drawings.

nyerinfl

Nyerinfl,

The home owner may not have a choice in this citation an more than likely some of those pools have not had the final Inspection and might not get one either until this is all checked out.

I will update as it unfolds.

If the inspections are not complete different scenario altogether. I am just speaking hypothetically from a point of view of someone who is COed and living in their house.

iwire

Staff member
I supposed they could, but if I am paying my electric bill on time and they shut it down for something like this I'd be going straight to a lawyer.

I don't know the rule in your area but here where I am the fire chief has a lot of latitude and if they believe there is a danger they can have a meter pulled. You could try to sue and you would lose.

But like I said, I don't know how things work where you are.:)

hunt4679

More than likely it takes more time removing it than the material is worth either way its stupid and thoughtless for the safty of the family ie kids using the pool this guy should get prison time for intent to harm!!

WinZip

100 ft roll of this copper grid cost 520.00 , some pools we have done is 300 feet around the pool plus there is the install fee

WinZip

Soon as I here the out come I will post it ,I believe it was the pool contractor not his electrician.

Status
Not open for further replies.