Security panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

Looking at installing security systems in commercial or high end buildings. Any suggestions on a good quality off the shelf security system?

Security101

I too would stick with Honeywell and the Vista series for all high end and commercial. Their more reliable, easier to program, and kind of the standard for such applications.

Nothing against DSC (probably the only other real option) but with their "1 piece comes bad out of box on just about every job" issue which means on your first job you have to buy two systems so you can finish. They are cheaper and sometimes it shows... sorry...

Jim

nhfire77

Bosch G series is the most flexible panel, IMO. I base this on the my personal experience. Of course you need to be a dealer to get them.

Vista is #2 (its everywhere and the #1 selling brand in the world)

DSC #3 (ease of use, wide availability, price)

Napco, ELK, DMP, GE all a distance 4th.

Rob454

Bosch G series is the most flexible panel, IMO. I base this on the my personal experience. Of course you need to be a dealer to get them.

Vista is #2 (its everywhere and the #1 selling brand in the world)

DSC #3 (ease of use, wide availability, price)

Napco, ELK, DMP, GE all a distance 4th.

i agree. For commercial app you cannot beat a Bosch. DSC would be my second choice. i used to install vista 10 and 20 s but i never cared for the panels.

MAK

Nothing against DSC (probably the only other real option) but with their "1 piece comes bad out of box on just about every job" issue which means on your first job you have to buy two systems so you can finish. They are cheaper and sometimes it shows... sorry...

Jim

I always considered DSC and Ademco Vista systems to be fairly reliable. I have never really used Bosch/Radionics systems. I only seem to bump into them on occasion for things like battery replacement or replace a transformer. We never became a dealer for them. I use a lot of DSC so I am curious what experience you have had with equipment being bad out of the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.