Shoulda took a snow day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

Ventured out like a good soldier today. Jobsite was unplowed and with 12" of heavy wet snow thank you four wheel drive. Good thing I brought a shovel too.

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Seen that before. :D

I remember a guy I used to work with was roughing houses in Cheyenne for a now-expired GC, who placed a lot of value on flying and very little on scheduling. He said there was a basement in one of those houses that had a drift clear to the ceiling, and the rest of the house wasn't much better, and the GC was screaming that they were taking too long. :roll:

N844AA

You don't drill horizontally from box to box? That pic looks like you drop Romex down to a box, shoot back up and go across the ceiling to the next box and drop down again...

Granted I can only see 2 boxes and almost no Romex but is that what you're doing?

Inquiring minds..

peter d

You don't drill horizontally from box to box? That pic looks like you drop Romex down to a box, shoot back up and go across the ceiling to the next box and drop down again...

Granted I can only see 2 boxes and almost no Romex but is that what you're doing?

Inquiring minds..

In some part of New England all wood framed buildings have furring strips. Rather than drill everything, we just run between the furring strips, so in Scott's picture it's up, between the furring, then back down again. As a result we do very little drilling in a new home around here. It also makes snaking in recessed lights much simpler too. ;)

N844AA

In some part of New England all wood framed buildings have furring strips. Rather than drill everything, we just run between the furring strips, so in Scott's picture it's up, between the furring, then back down again. As a result we do very little drilling in a new home around here. It also makes snaking in recessed lights much simpler too. ;)

Sweet!.........

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Well, I must admit, in the old days I remember taking a piece of that styrofoam blue board and using it as a float under a house. There was probably 6" of water under there and I had to get the job done. The only way was down under.

S'mise

And more money spent on cable

Status
Not open for further replies.