outdoor foyers in uf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricblue

Occupation
EC
I got dinged the other day for using NM for cans in an outdoor entryway and soffit that will have a stucco ceiling and vinyl soffit. The def. for damp locations says roofed OPEN porches. Has anyone else seen this?:mad:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Is that any different than in an unheated garage? IMO there's no violation.

Welcome to the forum. :)

eljefetaco

You are correct sir. In nj you can ask what the specific code you are violating. There are manyh crossover inspectors who do drywall inspections on Monday wed and fri. They do electric inspections on tue thurs:)

Jim W in Tampa

All up to you to how hard you fight and push. Try the method of filing lawsuit on AHJ . It WILL GET ATTENTION ,will never get that far and they count on you not going that far. You will get phone call and then give them your price for time and money invested to settle. Get local news involved. You only win by suing for major dollars. Go for 1 mil plus 18% and lawyer and court. They will not ignore you. Nope your not getting a mil and likely nothing but costs but you will wake them up.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
All up to you to how hard you fight and push. Try the method of filing lawsuit on AHJ . It WILL GET ATTENTION ,will never get that far and they count on you not going that far. You will get phone call and then give them your price for time and money invested to settle. Get local news involved. You only win by suing for major dollars. Go for 1 mil plus 18% and lawyer and court. They will not ignore you. Nope your not getting a mil and likely nothing but costs but you will wake them up.
I like this plan, have you tried it?

Jim W in Tampa

I like this plan, have you tried it?
Never had to take it to first step. You get tag for anything other than a simple yes you goofed then call the inspector first, give him first chance to back off and depending on tag many will if your sitting ready with code book to fight. Had one back off in less than a minute. No hard feelings he simply did not not flip page to read exceptions and problem solved. Some take more and even going over his head (i use that as last step ). What you get is a few words to inspector that you are not a whimp and will fight. Not suggesting they pass anything cause i don't want that but do wan't them to think before tagging. Had one that dug his own hole by asking me to read the section he said i violated in front of the GC. He signed me off and stoped talking. Wasn't how i wanted to play this out but was how he thought he make me look stupid. You don't fight you don't win but i am known as a scrapper.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Never had to take it to first step. You get tag for anything other than a simple yes you goofed then call the inspector first, give him first chance to back off and depending on tag many will if your sitting ready with code book to fight. Had one back off in less than a minute. No hard feelings he simply did not not flip page to read exceptions and problem solved. Some take more and even going over his head (i use that as last step ). What you get is a few words to inspector that you are not a whimp and will fight. Not suggesting they pass anything cause i don't want that but do wan't them to think before tagging. Had one that dug his own hole by asking me to read the section he said i violated in front of the GC. He signed me off and stoped talking. Wasn't how i wanted to play this out but was how he thought he make me look stupid. You don't fight you don't win but i am known as a scrapper.
Thanks you've inspired me can't wait to get turned down for some inspector's opinion or lack of knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.