Violation of 110.26(F)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
My old eyes can't determine if the pipe actually extends as to be over the panel, but if so, it is a violation.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Here's a graphic from the NECH of the required dedicated space above the panel. It appears that your white pipe is within the dedicated space:

Dedicatedspace.jpg

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Put the waterline 'in' the joist and you are OK.

Hard to tell from the picture but aren't the wires to close to the nailing edge? The holes for the wires in the bottom 1/3 of the joist?

These bother me more that the CVPC lines.

Or use infinity's picture and install a drop ceiling.

Question??? Would one panel, above the panel, be a drop ceiling?

Volta

Put the waterline 'in' the joist and you are OK.
Agreed, but most ECs don't pull plumbing permits.
Hard to tell from the picture but aren't the wires to close to the nailing edge? The holes for the wires in the bottom 1/3 of the joist?

These bother me more that the CVPC lines.
I think they are communication cables.
Or use infinity's picture and install a drop ceiling.

Question??? Would one panel, above the panel, be a drop ceiling?
Yes, and it would be allowed in the dedicated space, but would not change the requirement to have no foreign systems in said space.

Jim W in Tampa

Violation yes but i bet inspector let it slide if you put that insulation stuf on the pipe. If going to fridge it is not likely to sweat. You do have another violation and that is the OSB board on masonry wall.

malty

Here's a graphic from the NECH of the required dedicated space above the panel. It appears that your white pipe is within the dedicated space:

Dedicatedspace.jpg

As shown in Robs graphic if it's above 6 foot it's not in the dedicated space for the panel. 110.26 F (1) (a)

Last edited:

malty

Yes a violation- I was looking at the grapic funny and reading the code wrong .Dedecated to a height 6ft above equipment.
But (b) of this section could applied some how.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.