Notice to help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
If you goof up and manage to run a screw or two out the side of a brand new custom kitchen island. LET THE BOSS KNOW before the customer does. DON'T wait a blooming week and let the customer call me ten minutes after I am already in bed.

Instead of her crying all week long the damage could have been repaired by now. At least to the cabinet.

ceb58

If you goof up and manage to run a screw or two out the side of a brand new custom kitchen island. LET THE BOSS KNOW before the customer does. DON'T wait a blooming week and let the customer call me ten minutes after I am already in bed.

Instead of her crying all week long the damage could have been repaired by now. At least to the cabinet.

OK, I thought the cabinet would have healed its self by now. Sorryyyyyy:D
Seriously, your right if you screw up go ahead and admit it, fix it and move on to bigger and better things

rodneee

we have a company policy where we do not charge employee's for repair costs related to accidental damage they cause, even if i get backcharged. thus it drives me nuts when i here what our men broke a week later.

jumper

Don't know who did the job on the kitchen island, but if you are looking for the guy who put two screws through the back of the laminated sales counter at Walmart awhile back........:)

How was I supposed to know that the back panel was 1/2", when everything else 3/4".

480sparky

Never use 1-5/8" drywall screws to install a handibox in a built-in ironing board, either.

Ironboardscrews.jpg

USMC1302

That's one thing that'll get me fired up more than just about any other. Everybody makes mistakes, screws up, or breaks a tool or dents a truck at some point. I just want to know about it RIGHT AWAY, so it can be taken care of, or repaired and we can talk about how to possibly avoid a similar situation.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
My first boss said "it is more important how you handle a mistake, than that a mistake even happened".

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
we have a company policy where we do not charge employee's for repair costs related to accidental damage they cause, even if i get backcharged. thus it drives me nuts when i here what our men broke a week later.
Why don't you make immediate notification a condition of the forgiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.