FA Study guide Exam preps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some guys in the company I work for who were interested in a Prep exam for FA test. I have looked online and the only one I have found was for the NICET. I checked Mikes site and didn't see any thing. Does any one know of prep exam study guides.

Thx

Which Fire Alarm test are you looking to prepare for?

NICET is the biggest one for fire alarms. IMSA has a certification program as well, though not as popular or well recognized.

Remember the fire alarm stuff is low voltage (24 VDC)....only standard 120VAC stuff deals with power and grounding, which typically is not on these exams.

here in AZ there are two FA licenses approved, one is called CSA and the other one is the NICET2. I was looking for study material for the CSA for some of the guys in the company I work for. I know about the NICET study guides. Thanks for the info

I just looked up CSA....can't seem to find review guides for it.

The NICET stuff goes up to 4 levels and is a very credible certification. If you can handle that, I'd imagine the CSA will be straightforward. I'd recommend taking a review course sponsored by AFAA (www.afaa.org) or another good provider.

Greg Kessinger has some good materials and teaches a good class (if he still does it):

http://www.firealarm.org/

The issue with NICET certification is that it can require a few codes and books. Essential is NFPA 72....also you should have NFPA 70, 101, some fire alarm books from NFPA/SFPE and a few other codes and standards, but the ones above are the big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.