What "tools" do you always have with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was emptying my pockets the other night and my wife commented on how much stuff I had. I was wondering who else walks around loaded down.

I always have a Leatherman type tool, a mini Mag light, a "tick" tester, a clip knife and generally a roll of tape. This is addition to pens, sharpie, wallet etc. Obviously I don't take any room with cash, I'm an EC :grin:.

How about you?

mcclary's electrical

On my belt I have a holster that has NM strippers, tick tester, 10 n 1, sharpie.
My right lower pocket always carries my linemans. And I always carry my little mini fluke light/ NC volt detect. Pocket knife with spring assist for one handed opening. Cell phone.

480sparky

9-kliens, T-strippers, 11-in-1, volt pen.

Non-electrical stuff is a pen, a pencil, a Sharpie, an eraser and a cell phone.

I forgot to mention my cell. I'd say that next to some sort of knife that would definately win the "always" portion of this contest.

And originally I was looking for what you have all of the time. I'm about to go to the grocery store and I will still have the items I mentioned with me. I guess it's the Boy Scout in me.

480sparky

always??

~matt

24/7/365!
mw_rolleyes.gif

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired

I always have a Leatherman type tool, a mini Mag light, a "tick" tester, a clip knife and generally a roll of tape. This is addition to pens, sharpie, wallet etc.
How about you?

Most of the same stuff plus various hardware: 6- and 10-32s, locknuts, KO seals and other stuff I have stuffed in my pockets from the van, when I am working on the 26th floor. I can't lay down my jacket gently without it going KLUNK.

220/221

Money, keys, glasses, phone.

It's my morning checklist.

I can do just about anything if I have those basics. Without them I am screwed.

jeremysterling

morning dress

morning dress

Shirt pocket:
blue wide-tip ball point pen
black sharpie
#2 black pencil (w/ company logo pencil clip)
tic tracer

Right trouser pocket:
Klein pocket knife (w/ clip)
service truck keys

Left trouser pocket:
magnetic bit holder w/ #2 square drive bit
#1 square drive bit

Right rear pocket:
wallet

Left rear pocket:
leather gloves

Belt:
motorola two-way "brick" radio
company cell phone w/ push-to-talk
(On-call) company cell phone w/ push-to-talk

kwired

Electron manager
I don't carry anything on me I don't feel I will need. This includes removing tools from my tool belt that I don't intend to use. I have done this work for enough years to realize that carrying extra weight wears you out over time.
This does not mean I won't bring things from truck inside to work area so they will be handy when or if needed, just if it will require little or no use why carry it around all the time?

I should add the apprentice I have working for me has a tool belt that at times probably weighs 25% of what he weighs. I am a lot heavier than him but that is too much to carry around all day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.