Which product or material do you dislike installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Fusion

1. Sheetrock, tape, and texture

2. Followed closely by paint

3. My dad's oak stairwell railings

4. #12 in residential lighting circuits

5. 750kcmil an up building wire

6. Pulling 40% fill with 4 - 90s

charlie k.

I despise emergency lights and fire alarm devices that hide in the wall untill needed. I beleive they are called hidealight. Used the emergency lights one time and when the Fire Marshall did the inspection They opened up and threw the lamps out onto the floor. These lights were tested before the inspection and were working.

Charlie

Article 90.1

I'll second plugmold... I'm going to write the engineers and see if they can;t just make the receptacles with side (back) stabs. And much as I hate backstabbing, I sort of do it anyway with the connectors they give you.

macmikeman

Halogen puck lights
3" pvc (get too much glue on myself and clothes)
Anything in a hoarders house
Same for cat, dog collectors house
pan/tilt iris cable soldered connections
3 pole breakers into a live 480 panel
Ditto for conduit entry's into live switchgear
Flush boxes on a masonary job where they are putting up hollow block tile.
But I do all the above with a smile anyway

chris1971

Keep them coming kids. Mac, glad to hear Hawaii was spared from the Tsunami. My in-laws are vacationing in Maui and they had to evacuate also.

WinZip

Plug mold - wire mold - ceiling fans - puck cabinet lights - panels that look like a cave man installed them - ceiling fans - track lighting hung off threaded rod (yuck) - ceiling fans - I'm sure I will come up with a few more,did I mention ceiling fans...............

mark32

Plugmold = garbage

Plugmold = garbage

Plugmold is the worse. I tried installing two lengths just the other day to see if they had improved. There is no room to make connections and those push in connectors they give you stink as well. I tried using those with 12 solid and once together (Not the plugmold, just the connection) I felt it was a flimsy splice so I ripped the whole thing apart in frustration and used the plug-in type plugmold stuff instead.

rclacey

Any white device. can't seem to keep my hands clean enough to prevent smudges and finger prints.

Leviton

GE

Siemens

PB50s

panasonic fart fan rough in section

Aluminum SEU cable

fittings from orange stores

in-use covers

NEER

RACO

pretty much everything but THHN, SQ D, P+S, T+B, EMT, and PBR

PetrosA

Definitely Plugmold. Also; Sunstar sloped ceiling cans, ceiling fan remote kits, ceiling fans (especially the vertical ones on the axle with a monkey), cheapie GFI recepts. that you have to hold upside down for the screw to fall out, any kind of box store lighting kit, deep metal wallcases.

Status
Not open for further replies.