Which product or material do you dislike installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

Float switches for sump pumps that arent working in the middle of a flood. I will NOT expose myself to electrocution even when my idiot boss is screaming at me to wade in to the flooded manhole. The water is entering the bank lobby about 2 inches deep and climbing. I suggested that he come down and show me how it was done. Open splices with a little scotchkote and plastic taped wirenuts submerged totally in the manhole. Disaster waiting to happen.

hardworkingstiff

I would rather put gas in my truck versus the time I spent 3 months running Robroy conduit at a Transco Gas pumping station.

3-months? Wow, that's a lot of Robroy.

What did you use for threading?

When I used to run it ('80's) I just took a R-12 die to the maching shop and had them bore it out to the OD of the Robroy. Worked great! I assume they have special tools for it now?

GUNNING

Try abstenance.

Try abstenance.

Ive done so little work lately Im dreaming of running emt to 4 square boxes on metal studs in my sleep. I really enjoy taking my time to install a fan and fan box now, or trouble shoot a short to a shower. Its all fun stuff. Try not being allowed to do it for a while and then complain. I get giddy when the phone rings now. It takes my mind off what my alternatives are.

kbsparky

Plugmold is high on the list. Undercabinet lights as well. Baseboard heaters are a close 3rd, as I have to lay on the floor to get them properly mounted.

Pendant mounted tracks are also a PITA. Crawl space lighting, as we have to crawl to get those wired and mounted.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
UGH!

Crawlspaces! Especially narrow, damp, animal used, insect packed ones. ANY material that I have to install there.

mcclary's electrical

Float switches for sump pumps that arent working in the middle of a flood. I will NOT expose myself to electrocution even when my idiot boss is screaming at me to wade in to the flooded manhole. The water is entering the bank lobby about 2 inches deep and climbing. I suggested that he come down and show me how it was done. Open splices with a little scotchkote and plastic taped wirenuts submerged totally in the manhole. Disaster waiting to happen.

In this situation, I would determ all floats and operate manually from inside with jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.