Panel running hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

z133.gif

Emoticon-jawdrop.gif

jwjrw

I would say probally no. But I'm sure an inspector could come up with something.:D

mivey

Forgetting 110.26 issues is it a violation?
Not sure of the section, but I'm sure that duct is not rated to protect someone standing in front of the panel when something goes wrong inside. It can't be an approved modification.

hmspe

Occupation
PE
I'm taking the easy way out -- my letter to the client suggests a Google search for 'Zinsco' and cites problems with fault current ratings/series ratings. This building is in southern Arizona and about 24,000 square feet. The existing service is 600A, 277/480. 'Waiting for the fire' is the operative term.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Obvioulsy a "purgeed and pressurized panel" making it suitable for Class II Hazardous.

mxslick

From the looks of the upper right side of that panel, there has already been at least one fire...:D

I think Bob (Iwire) has a picture of a panel with the deadfront removed and a stand fan cooling it off...

Jim W in Tampa

Why stop using a panel just because of a fire. Clean it with water and fire it up again. Insurance will not pay for burned out panel but will pay for a building. That cold air will help that fire burn hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.